So you’re looking for something a little different o bake for your next get together and why not? Maybe you’re tired of cookies and brownies, and maybe you really want to make an impact at the dessert table, especially if it’s a pot luck. Tres Leches is a great way to step outside the box without going so far into left field that you trip headfirst into the penalty box. We’re going to start by gathering all of the ingredients which can be found at your local grocer.
Getting the Ingredients Together
To make this delectable milk cake you’re going to need the following easy to find ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour – 1 ½ Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – ½ Cup
- White Sugar – 1 Cup
- Eggs – 5
- Vanilla Extract – ½ Teaspoon
- Milk – 2 Cups
- Condensed Milk (Sweetened) – 14 Ounces
- Evaporated Milk – 12 FLoz
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 ½ Cups
- White Sugar – 1 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Teaspoon
Once again, while this list does look a bit daunting, all of these items can easily be found at your local grocery store, and putting it all together is even easier!
Before you can begin cooking this epic confection you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and we strongly recommend that you do so before you actually begin doing anything else. There is nothing more irritating than preparing the entire thing and turning around only to find that you forgot to pre-heat. Let me say this again: preheat your oven to 350!
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl
- Mix butter and 1 cup of sugar together until creamed and fluffy
- Add eggs and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to the aforementioned mixture and beat
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 baking pan that is greased and floured
- Place mixture in the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Return to your ingredients and combine whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together into a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour milk mixture over cake once cooled
- Over the top of the cake spread the whipping cream mixed with 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
This is a unique cake and one that you will definitely want to try serving at your next get together. This one works well for birthday parties as well as other special events. Then again, maybe you just want to make it for yourself. Either way, it’s going to be amazing!