Everyone likes cookies, but you can be rest assured that the like pumpkin spice cookies even better. Maybe you’ve tried them before, or maybe, just maybe this will be your first time. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to a pot luck dinner to find these cookies laid out on the table. I always loved them but I had no idea how to make them, and quite honestly I ended up missing them after I’d gone home. A sad story, I know, but a story I have to tell nonetheless. In all seriousness, let’s talk about how to make these pumpkin spice cookies and by extension, make your life better!
Getting Started with Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These cookies have their very own attributes that make them absolutely wonderful, not all of which are obvious by just looking at the recipe. The one thing that really sets them apart from other types of cookies out there is the cake-like texture. It means they’re not exactly going to have a crunchy feel when you bite into them but they’re still going to be pretty wonderful. They’re great for thanksgiving, Christmas, or those pot luck dinners that I mentioned earlier. If you’re ready to start cooking, then get the following ingredients together:
- Butter – ½ Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Eggs -2
- Canned Pumpkin – 1 Cup
- Flour – 2 Cups
- Baking Powder – 4 Teaspoons
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 2 ½ Teaspoons
- Ginger – ¼ Teaspoon
- Nutmeg – ½ Teaspoon
- Chopped Walnuts – 1 Cup
Do you have all of these ready? If so, great! You’re going to want to start with a stand mixer.
- Place butter and sugar into the stand mixer and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Once the mixture is fluffy, go ahead and your eggs along with the pumpkin, mix well.
- Sift the following together: flour, baking powder, salt, and all of the spices. Once they are well mixed, fold them into the cookie batter. Continue to mix until it is fully blended.
- After the blending, go ahead and add the nuts
- Congratulations! Your cookie batter is complete!
Now that you have your mixture ready, go ahead and drag a spoon full of the batter onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet, and then bake in your oven at 350 degrees. Depending on the oven, the cook time should be about 15 minutes. You have now successfully cooked your pumpkin spice cookies! Feel free to add frosting and enjoy!