Anything’s good if it’s made of chocolate- and if you’re a chocoholic like me, you will wholeheartedly agree! With a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth consistency, chemicals called opioids that soothe the nerves and give you a feeling of well-being, and flavonoids and antioxidants for good health, there is nothing to not love about chocolate.
And while eating chocolate on its own is sheer pleasure, incorporating it in different recipes can be equally yummy. Below is the recipe for chocolate lasagna that is sure to please everyone- chocoholic or not.
36 Oreo cookies
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
1 container Cool Whip (12 oz.)
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
2 packages chocolate instant pudding (4 oz. each)
3 1⁄3 cups milk, cold
1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Crush the Oreo cookies- either in a food processor or by hand using a rolling pin to crush them in a Ziploc bag. Add melted butter to the cookie crumbs and use a fork to incorporate it well into all the crumbs.
- Transfer the cookie-butter mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form an even layer. Place the pan in the refrigerator as you prepare the rest of the layers.
- Now mix the cream cheese in a mixer until it is light and fluffy. Add sugar and 2 tablespoons cold milk and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cup Cool Whip. Spread this mixture evenly over the Oreo crust.
- The next layer consists of instant chocolate pudding. Just combine the 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding with 3 and 1/4 cup cold milk and whisk for several minutes until the pudding begins to thicken. With a spatula, spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese layer. Let the dessert rest for five minutes to allow it to firm up.
- Now spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Since you can never have too much chocolate in a chocolate lasagna dessert, generously sprinkle mini chocolate chips all over the top!
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or the freezer for 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
While this amazing dessert may not make it on the list of the healthiest dessert recipes, it can certainly make it on the list of the yummiest and easiest desserts! As you can see, this easy dessert requires no baking or complicated steps. You can make it any time you like with just a few simple ingredients. And believe me, it tastes absolutely divine! It has a light and fluffy quality due to the whipped cream cheese and Cool Whip, and does not feel heavy like other cake-based desserts. So even though it may be somewhat calorie-heavy, it will not make you feel as if there is a brick sitting in your stomach. So enjoy this dessert anytime you like or impress guests with its chocolatey goodness!