Everyone likes a good dessert, right? They’re fun to make, great to eat, and they’re very creative. What about lasagna? Lasagna on its own is a pretty amazing food, but what if there was a dessert version? We actually found a really neat recipe that allows you to make a chocolate lasagna. You can serve this at any party you throw or make it the centerpiece at your next celebrations. Who doesn’t love chocolate?
36 Oreo Cookies
6 tablespoons of butter
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
¼ cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of cold milk
12 ounces of cool whip, divided
3.9 ounce packages of instant chocolate pudding
3 ¼ cups of cold milk
1 ½ cups of mini chocolate chips
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or a large Ziploc bag. You can use a rolling pin to roll over the bag to turn the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Dump the Oreo crumbs into a large bowl. Add in the butter once you melt it and use a fork to mix them together. Once the butter is evenly distributed, transfer it to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. You want to press the crumbs into the pan. Place the pan in the fridge while you finish up with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cream cheese to the mixer until it becomes fluffy and light. Throw in the sugar and milk, mix it all together. Add in 1 ¼ cups of Cool Whip to the mixture and mix it all together. Spread it over the top of the crust you made earlier.
- Use a large bowl to mix the instant pudding and 3 ¼ cups of cold milk. Whisk it for a few minutes until the pudding begins to thicken. Spread the mixture over the layer of cream cheese. Leave the dessert alone for five minutes to let the pudding firm up.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on the top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the dessert. Slide the dessert into the freezer for one hour and then transfer to the fridge for four hours. Serve the dessert chilled.
This chocolate lasagna is very simple to make and is very delicious. You don’t have to do any baking, just a lot of mixing and some crushing. You can serve this as a main dish for a large group of people or just bring it to the next party you attend. You can even change it up to use fruits as a layer in the cream cheese with a different flavor of pudding. Why not take this dessert and make it your own?