… WITH A GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL!!!
Projected to be the biggest Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival to date, this year’s event will feature the return of the Ghirardelli Chocolate & Wine Pavilion, Ghirardelli Chocolate Earthquake Ice Cream Eating Contests and over 50 sampling vendors.
SAN FRANCISCO (July 30, 2015)- Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, San Francisco’s premier chocolate manufacturer, is excited to announce the 20th Anniversary Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival on Saturday, September 12 and Sunday, September 13 from 12 – 5 p.m. at San Francisco’s historic Ghirardelli Square. Projected to be the biggest Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival to date, this two-day celebration – perfect for chocolate lovers, foodies and festival-goers – will feature unique samples by some of the finest local dessert companies, chef demonstrations from chocolatiers, ice-cream sundae eating contests and of course, Ghirardelli Chocolate! 100% of profits from the festival benefit Project Open Hand and their efforts to serve “meals with love” to people with HIV/AIDS, the homebound critically ill and seniors. For more information, visitwww.ghirardelli.com/chocolatefestival.
“For the past 20 years, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival has created unforgettable food experiences for the community,” says Martin Thompson, Ghirardelli president and CEO. “As the event grows each year, it has become a San Francisco staple bringing foodies and families back each year. With more than 30,000 people predicted to attend, we know we will raise a record-breaking amount for Project Open Hand.”
With general Chocolate Tasting Tickets, guests will indulge in delicacies ranging from chocolate crepes and cupcakes, to Ghirardelli’s World Famous Hot Fudge Sundaes. General Tasting Tickets are $20 for 15 tastes when purchased in advance or $25 at the door. Ghirardelli Chocolate and Wine Pavilion Tasting Tickets offer guests an additional 12 tastings in the Ghirardelli Chocolate & Wine Pavilion and a souvenir wine glass. These tickets on Saturday are $50 in advance or $60 at the door. Sunday tickets are $40 in advance and $60 at the door. Guests must be 21+ years old to take part in the Ghirardelli Chocolate & Wine Pavilion tastings. Several general events will be available at no charge. Tasting tickets for the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival are available for purchase now online at http://www.eventbrite.com/20thannualghirardellichocolatefestival.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate & Wine Pavilion: Come sip and savor premium samples from local wineries and gourmet dessert vendors in the heart of the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival. This new and exclusive area of the event will require an additional “Pavilion” ticket good for 12 gourmet tastings, so unwind, relax, and try something new! The Ghirardelli Chocolate & Wine Pavilion is only open for Festival guests with Pavilion tickets 21 years and older.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Earthquake Ice Cream Eating Contest: A Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Tradition! Festival attendees compete or just witness the hilarity as five lucky people eat the famous Ghirardelli “Earthquake” Sundae as fast as they can without hands. Battling each other and their own stomachs, competitors are sure to make this experience a memorable (and delicious) one. Children also compete with a smaller version of the famous Earthquake Sundae. There are three competitions on both
Saturday and Sunday.
- Chocolate School- “From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate Bar”: Come join Ghirardelli’s own “Chocolate
Professor”, Steve Genzoli, as he teaches “Chocolate School” and takes audience members through a tour of the delicious chocolate making process. Learn every step a bean takes to become that mouth watering chocolate bar from Ghirardelli’s own Chocolate Professor.
- Wente Vineyards Culinary Stage: Local culinary professionals work their delicious magic on both
Saturday and Sunday at the Wente Vineyards Culinary Stage. Be engaged in all things chocolate and learn the inside scoop on many delectable delights. Learning has never tasted so good!
- Samples from 50+ vendors: Decadent chocolate and wine tastings from Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundaes to chocolate cupcakes and everything in between!
To participate in this annual community event, visit http://www.ghirardelli.com/events/chocolate-festival. Giving back has never been so sweet!
ABOUT THE GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE COMPANY
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, the Bay Area’s first chocolate manufacturer, has a rich and vibrant history, beginning with the fascinating story of Domenico Ghirardelli, an Italian confectioner. After spending several years in South America operating Domingo’s Chocolates, Ghirardelli landed in San Francisco and started the world-famous Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. With Ghirardelli’s vision in mind, Ghirardelli Chocolate Company pioneered innovations in bean roasting and became the first company to introduce bittersweet chocolate chips.
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products who recently celebrated 162 years of chocolate making. Incorporated in 1852, Ghirardelli has an incredibly rich American history. As America’s oldest operating chocolate manufacturer, Ghirardelli has established its position as the country’s Premium Chocolate Company.
Ghirardelli’s product line includes its signature Squares™ chocolate, the new minis chocolate line, Intense Dark™ chocolate, Gourmet Milk™ chocolate, Ghirardelli Chocolate Bars, other chocolate confections, baking chocolate and beverages. These items are sold through select specialty stores, grocery stores, drug stores, mass merchandisers and department stores. In addition, Ghirardelli sells a line of premium chocolate, syrups and drinks for the Food Service channel. Ghirardelli currently owns and operates 24 retail stores in seven states, including the Original Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop located in San Francisco’s historic Ghirardelli Square.
For more information about Ghirardelli, visit www.ghirardelli.com.
ABOUT PROJECT OPEN HAND
Every day, Project Open hand prepares 2,500 nutritious meals and provides 400 bags of healthy groceries to help sustain those in the community battling serious illnesses, isolation, or the health challenges of old age. For more information on the services Project Open Hand provides, visithttp://www.openhand.org/.